[wpfilebase tag=file id=1 /]
I have worked in the health & fitness field for a number of years. I have been very fortunate to work with people of all ages. Each and every person was awesome in their way and yet what I really am passionate about is working with young people!
Young men and woman today are full of excitment and ready to take on the world. It excites me to interact with them. I have trained a few young people and truly in all cases it was an absolutely great experience.
Today globally we are in a health and fitness crisis! There is more illness from eating poor quality food than ever before in history. If we want to make change we must educate our young people in a way that lifts them up to knowing how to eat well and what that will mean for their future!
We must begin to be the example of what healthy eating, diet, fitness is so our young people can change the world. In the short video below Birke Baehr talks about the crazy farmer that grows crops with no chemicals and raises animals the way nature intended. The Omnivore’s Dilemma is where I was first introduced to this farm called Polyface Farms. The book is very much worth the read and a great place to see why it might be important to learn about our food system as it is.
Here is an example of what I am talking about:
If this 11 yr. old gets it why don’t we as adults? Why are we living with our heads in the sand that the food we eat doesn’t affect us or our health? Why are we willing to allow our governments, our corporations decide for us the quality of our food? Isn’t it time we began to change the way we think about Organic food? I don’t mean the boxed stuff in the grocery store! I mean the fruits, veg and protiens that our ancestors ate! Don’t we deserve to eat the best food possible? Let’s do it together.
Let’s begin to Live Life by Design. Make a Difference by Helping Other People Excel!
In November 2008 I began my Holistic Lifestyle Coaching course. It was at that time I was introduced to The World’s First Certified Organic Personal Care, Body Care, Oral Care, Baby Care products. It is so scary when I think about all the toxins we put into our bodies every day without really even thinking about it! Prior to this course I never really considered that I was putting toxins in daily. Toothpaste and Deodorant are the worst because most of us use them daily if not multiple times a day! That is lots of crap going in that is not good for us.
So I have posted prior about a couple of products that I really like and here I will tell you about the Deodorant.
Aroma Free Roll-on Deodorant
Stay naturally fresh all day with Aroma Free roll-on deodorant. An effective formula, even for the most active person. No aluminum compounds or chemical antiperspirants. Based on the traditional remedies of bicarbonate of soda to eliminate odors and aloe vera to soothe. No essential oils for those who prefer aroma-free protection.
Another awesome product that I use regularly and if you have any questions ask here or go to my website at http://www.dreambig.mionegroup.com to see all the wonderful Certified Organic Products.
Wow that is quite a headline don’t you think? Kind of scary for me to write.
So let me start at the reason I put that in the headline today. I was at a dinner party a few days ago with a personal trainer friend of mine. We somehow got into a discussion on why people become over weight and out of shape. My PT friend believes that these people are simply lazy! Well to say I was mortified by this comment is an understatement!
It made me sad, very sad that a friend, fellow PT would put that kind of energy out to anyone who is struggling with weight, self esteem, health issues. It also made me angry! This PT friend has never had a challenge with weight, ever. So in my humble opinion if you have never walked in a persons moccasins how do you know if they are lazy? Until you have walked in Over Weight, Low Self Esteem, and any kind of Health issue best not be judging.
I have worked with clients who have been morbidly obese, very unhealthy, very nonathletic and not one of them were lazy. In fact in many areas of their life they were at the top! Top student, top employee, top boss, top business owner and for whatever reason this aspect of life got away from them.
It has gotten away from me so I totally get it. I get being so stressed, so not in the head space to train, work out, exercise. I get it and I have been in this field of work since 1990. So what is the person who has no experience, no understanding and is overwhelmed, stressed, running around taking care of family, business, aging parents going to do? Probably what most do. They do their best everyday just to survive! Lazy! Absolutely Not!
So for me working in this field I believe that not putting out judgement, not expecting clients to be where I feel they “should” be is a great place to start. Ultimately I see all of my clients as “resourceful, creative and whole” how my clients reach their health, wellness, fitness goals are with kindness, persistence and compassion! This is done through teaching each client in a way they can hear that they do have an athlete inside that will come out through fitness, exercise, diet, coaching.
Just My Thought!
My first business was and still is called U Dream Big! I feel in today’s world of crazy fast and so much stress we simply forget to dream. I was told many years ago that what happens to us as we get older is we get caught up in the job, bill payments, mortgage payments, keeping up with the Jone’s that we simply forget to Dream those really Big Dreams we had as kids.
A young friend posted this video on FB and it really speaks to Dreaming Big. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
In what ways will you Dream Big this year?
Just My Thought!
Certified Organic Toothpaste. I have been using this brand since Nov. of 2008 and really like it. In fact it is one of my favorite products from One Group. There are no chemicals in it and just like it says it does keep my breath fresh. I also feel good that I have removed more chemicals from my day. And today it is really important for children not to use the name brand toothpaste. It is highly toxic and kids are only meant to use a pea size portion and not to swallow the toothpaste! Did you think that is happening? It is not a wonder why our children are having so many health challenges so young.
It is actually called Mint Toothpaste. Here is some info:
Cleanse and brighten your teeth with bicarb soda. Freshens your breath and maintains healthy teeth and gums. Miessence toothpastes do not contain fluoride, aluminium, artificial sweeteners or detergents.
Keep teeth clean and freshen your breath naturally.
Just My Thought.
I found this video by Dr. John Ratey and it is very interesting as we don’t really think of exercise for a health brain. However it is so important for all ages to not only have good health for the body we must have good heatlh for the brain.
Well here is a short video to learn more[cincopa A8NA4z6C2m8e]
Over the year I have been introduced to many tools for At Home Personal Training. The Lebert Equalizer is one of the most effective I have found. I use it myself and take it to clients homes for training sessions. It is easy to carry, easy to use and takes up very little space. Check it out:
…The hottest new strength and flexibility training tool to come to market in many years…”
Simplify your exercise routine, and conquer your fitness goals with the LEBERT EQUALIZER Total Body Strengthener™. It was designed to do traditional strength training exercises for group aerobic classes and is portable for personal training sessions at the club or in-home. The Equalizer targets muscles we love to hate. It works the triceps, lower abs and back muscles like no other. Participants use their own body weight as resistance and decide what level is right for them (resistance is variable as the legs can be used to assist the exercise). The Equalizer is safe and most importantly will add an new exciting dimension to your workouts!
If you would like to order one here is the link: http://www.easywebautomation.com/app/aftrack.asp?afid=1217713
It is said that people who have a performance coach are 91% more likely to follow through on their commitments and work to a higher level of success. We all know that when we choose to meet someone else to do an activity, we usually do it. It is not surprising then that when we join with a coach the same thing is true. Creating our own idea of Fitness, Wellness and Vitality requires commitment to a lifestyle change involving mind, body & spirit. Removing the mental blocks and resistance that may sabotage us is essential. Becoming and staying motivated to achieve the desired results is what you and your coach will implement. Together we will look at where you are today and where you want to be to live the life you were meant to live.
At Vision Quest Performance Coaching we have a Holistic approach to working with clients. We keep up to date with current industry Health, Wellness, Vitality and Sports Conditioning information on what is truly working and not the fads, including which exercises are safe and fun while giving results for weight loss, balance, agility, speed and looking your best
We utilize equipment you may already have, or through use of our equipment including: BOSU Ball, DSL Ball, weights, tubing, boxing equipment and more that we can bring along. You will be guided through a safe and enjoyable fitness program all based on your own individual needs.
- Needing help improving your health in a way that fits conveniently and easily into your busy schedule without taking significant time away from other priorities in your life,
- Looking for change: lose weight, get in shape, lower your cholesterol, control your blood pressure, reduce your stress, etc.
- Looking for a high level of personal attention and feel that “cookie cutter” or “canned approaches” don’t work for you.
- Looking for a product to couple with your existing healthy habits/lifestyle that could boost your efforts and results to the next level.
- Have you tried other products and services to improve your health and still don’t feel that you have reached your goals.
- Able to take steps toward improving your lifestyle without having to leave your home or office.
What is Holistic Wellness Coaching?
- As Holistic Lifestyle Coach, we are specialists in wellness, stress management and lifestyle coaching. HLC coaching will help you improve your health and fitness on many levels. This is an opportunity for you to open your heart and mind to a whole new way of eating and training. Through the coaching sessions clients will learn how to implement the 6 Daily Modifiable Foundation Principals include: Thoughts, Breathe, Hydration, Food, Exercise, and Sleep.
What is Metabolic Typing?
- It is a system that identifies an individual’s genetically-based nutrition and diet requirements. . Metabolic typing is the science of personalized nutrition. It is a highly accurate system of determining the foods and nutrients your body needs. Metabolic typing answers the foundational questions of nutrition by telling you:
1. what to eat
2. How much to eat
3. What foods to specifically avoid
4. All other aspects of nutrition including supplements, food quality, etc.
What Services We Provide:
- In Home Personal Training-one on one or small groups
- Holistic Lifestyle Coaching – Metabolic Typing
- Wellness & Weight Loss Workshops
- Wellness & Anti Aging Supplements: www.udreambig.com
- Certified Organic Skin/Hair/Cosmetics: www.dreambig.mionegroup.com
Achieve Fitness, Wellness and Weight Loss Results in 2012!
Of all people who exercise, only 25% achieve the results they are after. Of those who achieve results, 90% use a Personal Trainer! (I.R.H.S.A 2002)
Whatever your current fitness level, body shape and goals, I can help you fulfill your dreams. I am are extremely passionate about helping you enjoy your journey towards your best ever health, energy levels and self-esteem.
Let’s connect, sit down to discuss your goals/desires for your 2012 and see if there is a fit for you. Let me know how I can help!
What others are saying about Vision Quest and Personal Trainer Wendy Bottrell
- My goal in working with Wendy was to be in the best physical condition I can be and in the short time, I immediately noticed a difference on and off the ice. This year I officiated at the 4 Nation’s Cup inKitchener, on and off the ice I felt strong from the beginning to the end of the game. Through our work together Wendy helped me to achieve this and much more. What was really exciting was how others noticed my strength, endurance and speed had improved greatly.”Theresa L
- I noticed an immediate improvement in my strength and balance once I began working with Wendy. Focusing on my core for the past year has helped my power, quickness and agility on the ice. It’s great to work one-on-one with
someone who takes the time to understand each individual’s unique needs and is able to custom tailor each and every work-out according to these needs… while still keeping it fun!” Heather R
- “You keep me on my toes like no one else has ever done. Being held accountable for the commitments I make to myself has certainly kept me from being complacent. You are definitely the kind of coach I need to help me move forward toward accomplishing my goals and dreams. Thank you for your no nonsense approach and for your truly kind and loving support and encouragement.” Brenda S.
- Not only has Wendy of Vision Quest helped me to lose weight and become more muscular, but she has helped me to realize my own potential.” Dieter F
Hi, been a while hope all is well with you? I have just arrived home this week afer a fantastic 10 day holiday. Drove from Toronto to Fort Myers Beach and back. It was really nice to be away, sun, sand and ocean along with great company. But I digress!
While I was driving I had a thought about road maps. You see we had a very detailed map in the car with us. We knew exactly what highways to take, how long in time we would be on that road and how many kilometers each highway we would be driving on was. When we started we actually knew exactly how many miles we were going to travel. We knew the outcome before it happened. Awesome, right?
Well it got me to thinking that this is a great necessity to have in life. How many times do we start anything and don’t really know what the outcome will be. Actually most of us don’t even know what we want the outcome to be? So how do we get there? Throw as much stuff on the wall as possible and see what sticks? That is how I was raised. No one taught me about goals. No one taught me about outcomes however I did play sports and in sports there is always an outcome. You win or you lose. Same in business. Same in Weight Reduction. Same in Fitness.
When I was working on reducing my weight many years ago I actually began with the outcome in sight. I would decide how many sizes I would reduce by in what time frame. Then I would work toward that. It was easy, I could see my results over the weeks getting closer to my outcome and it was exciting! I was moving in a direction that I wanted to go.
So where are you now? Do you know what you want as your outcome in your Health, Wellness, Fitness, and/or Weight Reduction plan?
This is where you must start. The New Year is almost here now is a great time to consider what you want and begin to exactly plan the outcome, then take massive action to get there.
If I can help let me know. info at@ visionquestwellness .com